Need an Apologist/Creation Speaker at Your Venue?
The Apologetics Forum of Snohomish County (AFSC) has held monthly meetings for more than three years. During this time AFSC has hosted ten Local (Greater Seattle area) speakers, six Regional (Northwest), four National (US), and two International Apologetics/Creation speakers at its meetings. Some of the out-of-town (Regional, National, and International) speakers delivered lectures at other venues in the Greater Seattle area during the weekend of their engagement at the AFSC meeting. AFSC is continuing its efforts to identify other opportunities for these out-of-town speakers while they are in town.
AFSC meetings are normally held on the fourth Friday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Atonement Free Lutheran Church in Arlington, WA. Out-of-town speakers often arrive on the Thursday before the AFSC meeting. Thus they can be available for one or more of the following engagements during the weekend:
- Christian School or Home School in the area [preferably on Fridays]
- Men’s / Women’s breakfast/lunch on Saturday
- Sunday morning worship service
- Sunday School hour
- Sunday evening service
- An event at a local church in the Greater Seattle area
- Special event for a focused audience, e.g. Youth Night
- Church Conference on Sunday + Monday Evening (+ Tuesday Evening)
- Another venue of interest to church/school/group [Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday]
- Other venues? Ideas? Suggestions?
The availability of each speaker will vary.
If you have an interest in having an out-of-town Apologetics/Creation speaker bring a message/lecture at one of your church/school/group events in the Greater Seattle area while they are in town, please call Heinz at 425-501-5075 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of upcoming AFSC events, speakers and titles of their talks is kept on the main page of the ApologeticsForum.org website. A list of the current speakers and the topics of their talks is kept online in AFSC-Schedule.pdf. In addition, AFSC-SchedulePast.pdf provides this information for each of the talks from the beginning of the Apologetics Forum meetings in September 2013 until today. Many of these talks have been recorded (audio and video) and are available online.
Speaker Availability for July, August, September 2017
- Thursday, July 27, 7:00 PM – Talk on a topic of the church”s choosing, at To Be Decided (TBD).
- Friday, July 28, 7:00 PM – Talk on Monstrous Problems: Awesome God at the Apologetics Forum meeting.
- Saturday, July 29 – Talk(s) on selected topic(s) of the church”s choosing at a venue TBD.
- Sunday morning, July 30, 10:00 AM – Message on My Awesome God at Bryant Community Church.
Rick uses creation evangelism messages for outreach. He is available to speak on Thursday, July 27 and on Saturday, July 29. The talks that Rick is prepared to give are listed here. If you have an interest in having Rick Deighton speak at your church, or know of someone who might have an interest, please call Heinz at 425-501-5075 or email him at email@example.com.
Dr. Don Johnson, a Creation Scientist with two earned PhD degrees (Computer & Information Sciences and Chemistry), will be speaking at the following venues within the Greater Seattle area in August 2017.
- Thursday, August 24, 7:00 PM – Talk on a topic of the church”s choosing, at To Be Decided (TBD).
- Friday, August 25, 7:00 PM – Talk on Evolution, Species, and Kinds at the Apologetics Forum meeting.
- Saturday, August 26 – Talk(s) on selected topic(s) of the church”s choosing at a venue TBD.
- Sunday morning, August 27, Sunday School hour – Message on a topic TBD at a church TBD.
Don is available to speak within the Greater Seattle area in the latter part of August 2017. The talks that Don is prepared to give are listed here. If you have an interest in having him speak at your church or another venue, or know of someone who might have an interest, please call Heinz at 425-501-5075 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, September 21, 7:00 PM, Lecture on TBD at a venue To Be Decided (TBD).
- Friday, September 22, 7:00 PM, Lecture on Standing With The Reformation at the Apologetics Forum meeting at Atonement Free Lutheran Church.
- Saturday, September 23, 9:00 AM to noon, Mini-Conference on Current Challenges to the Church with two seminars at Atonement Free Lutheran Church. The first seminar is on Is Your Church New Age, Emergent, or Christian?, and the second seminar on The End-Time Occult Invasion – 2017 Update.
- Sunday, September 24 at First Baptist Church Arlington. During the Sunday School hour at 9:00 AM Eric brings a message on The Death of Discernment – How The Shack Became the #1 Bestseller in Christianity. During the worship service at 10:30 AM Eric brings another message on Hath God Said? – Holding Onto The Bible in Troubled Times.
Some of the other topics for the talks being considered for the weekend of September 21-24 are:
- Hath God Said? – Holding Onto The Bible in Troubled Times.
- The Death of Discernment – How The Shack Became the #1 Bestseller in
- Universalism: Is Everyone Already Saved?
- The New, Confused Evangelicals – Understanding Postmodernism in the Church.
- Are You A Faith Defender? – Giving Every Man an Answer.
- Winning the Cults, Occult, New Age, and Religions to Christ.
- How I Came “From Rock to Rock” – Eric Barger’s Story.
- Freemasonry vs Christianity.
Thanks for your interest in, and support of, Apologetics.
Helping Equip Believers in the Defense of The Faith,
- Carl Kerby, Founder of Reasons For Hope, weekend of June 1, 2014.
- Dr. Don Johnson, Founder of Science Integrity, weekend of August 22, 2014.
- Paul Taylor, Director of Mount St. Helens Creation Center, weekend of February 20, 2015.
- Carl Kerby, Founder of Reasons For Hope, weekend of April 24, 2015.
- Dr. Ed Neeland, Professor at University of British Columbia, weekend of May 29, 2015.
- Mike Riddle, President of Creation Training Initiative, weekend of July 24, 2015.
- Dr. Don Johnson, Founder of Science Integrity, weekend of August 21, 2015.
- Dr. Tas Walker, Geologist with Creation Ministries International (Australia), weekend of September 18, 2015.
- Eric Barger, Founder of Take A Stand! Ministries, weekend of January 22, 2016.
- Mike Riddle, Founder and President of Creation Training Initiative, weekend of March 18, 2016.
- Shahram Hadian, Founder of Truth in Love project, weekend of September 22-25, 2016.
- Dr. Don DeYoung, President of Creation Research Society, weekend of October 13, 2016.
- Pat Roy, Producer of the Jonathan Park Audio Series, weekend of December 7-11, 2016.
- Jason Carlson, President of Christian Ministries International, weekend of January 20, 2017.
- Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, Author, Speaker, Apologist, Head Scientist with Creation Ministries International, weekend of March 10, 2017.
- Mike Riddle, Founder and President of Creation Training Initiative, weekend of May 19, 2017.