Description: Rick Deighton presents an overview of the book of Job, which zooms in on God’s questions to Job in Chapters 37-41 with special emphasis on God’s descriptions of behemoth and leviathan. From these chapters we can come to a clear understanding of the purpose for this oldest book in our Bible. Why did God allow Job to suffer so greatly? God never gave Job a direct answer to that question – but He did give Job powerful object lessons so he saw the answer and fell on his face before our Awesome God.
Speaker: Rick Deighton is a graduate of Boise Bible College, Boise, Idaho, and did post-graduate study at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri.
His studies included mission strategy, expository and evangelistic preaching, personal evangelism, philosophy, and writing techniques. Rick’s articles, tracts, and booklets have been published in English, German, Korean, and Russian.
He has four published books:
- “Ready to Give an Answer”
- “Is the Bible Without Any Errors”
- “Millions of Miracles – The Evolutionist’s Dilemma”
- “More Than Conquerors in Cultural Clashes”
Rick and his wife, Della, own a lighting company, and Rick is a bi-vocational missionary who works lighting business between mission trips to former Soviet Union nations, primarily Ukraine. Rick and Della are also Northwest representatives of Peace On Earth Ministries, and Rick is an associate evangelist with Reggie Thomas (White Fields Overseas Evangelism.) He is also one of the directors for Northwest Science Museum in Boise, and serves on the promotion team for Mike Riddle’s Creation Training Initiative.
He especially enjoys teaching on apologetics and creation by our Awesome God. “Overseas Outreach” is his primary ministry, and the two legs by which Overseas Outreach moves forward are: Creation Evangelism and Compassion Evangelism.
Lecture recordings at:
- July meeting announcements can be seen here.
- Video recording of lecture on YouTube here.
- Powerpoint Slides used can be found here.
- Audio recording of lecture can be found here.
- Audio recording of Q&A after lecture can be found here.
- Thursday, July 27, 7:00 PM – Talk on a topic of the church”s choosing, at To Be Decided (TBD).
- Friday, July 28, 7:00 PM – Talk on Monstrous Problems: Awesome God at the Apologetics Forum meeting.
- Saturday, July 29 – Talk(s) on selected topic(s) of the church”s choosing at a venue TBD.
- Sunday morning, July 30, 10:00 AM – Message on My Awesome God at Bryant Community Church.
Rick uses creation evangelism messages for outreach. He is available to speak on Thursday, July 27 and on Saturday, July 29. The talks that Rick is prepared to give are listed here. If you have an interest in having Rick Deighton speak at your church, or know of someone who might have an interest, please call Heinz at 425-501-5075 or email him at email@example.com.