Dinosaurs and the Age of the Earth
- The common story
- How do you fit dinosaurs into the Bible?
- Job 40:15-18
- How do scientists use geology to determine time?
- Fossils and time: four critical problems
- Dating rocks and fossils
- Living fossils
- Out-of-place fossils
- Dinosaurs and time: the real evidence
- Three things we must know about radiometric dating methods
- What do they really measure?
- Are there any assumptions?
- How accurate are they?
- Five reasonable deductions
Speaker: Mike Riddle – President of CTI & Education Specialist
Mike is an international speaker and educator on Christian education and apologetics. Mike is also an adjunct speaker for Answers in Genesis. He holds a degree in mathematics and a graduate degree in education and has been involved in creation ministry for more than thirty-five years. Prior to getting involved in creation ministry, Mike was a Captain in the U.S. Marines and a national champion in track and field. Mike’s experience in the education field includes:
- Teaching junior high and senior high school mathematics.
- An instructor at the Northwest Graduate School of the Ministry and the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School.
- Managing U.S. Sprint’s world-wide technical training.
- Managing Microsoft’s world-wide engineer training.
- Development and delivery of courses on presentation skills and teaching methods.
- Mike currently lectures and teaches world-wide on creation apologetics, Christian education, science and the Bible, and developing a biblical worldview.
He resides in Boise, ID with his wife Lesley.
Some of Mike’s Video Clips:
- Building Critical Thinking Questions – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=rBb_qDetiFs
- More video clips – http://www.creationtraining.org/media/videos/
Lecture recordings at:
- Video recording of lecture on YouTube here.
- Audio recording of lecture can be found here.
- Audio recording of Q&A after lecture can be found here.
Mike Riddle , Founder and President of Creation Training Initiative (CTI), speaks at the following venues within the Greater Seattle area during the weekend of April 25-29, 2018. Events #4 to #7 have been confirmed. Mike is still available for events #1 to #3 and #8. This list will be updated as new speaking engagements are confirmed.
- Wednesday, April 25, 7:00 PM, Talk on To Be Decided (TBD) at TBD.
- Thursday, April 26, 7:00 PM, Talk on TBD at TBD.
- Friday, April 27, 9:00 AM, Mike will give talks and/or do a Q&A session for students at a local Christian School.
- Friday, April 27, 7:00 PM, Talk on Dinosaurs: Key to the Age of the Earth at the Apologetics Forum meeting at Atonement Free Lutheran Church.
- Saturday Morning, April 28, 9:00 AM to noon. Mini-Conference on the theme of Biblical Apologetics at Atonement Free Lutheran Church in Arlington, WA. Two seminars on Answering The Challenges and Answering More Challenges will be given, followed by an extended time of Q&A with Mike Riddle.
- Saturday Evening, April 28, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM, Talk on How to Equip Youth to Trust God’s Word at a Dinner and a Briefing for pastors, church leaders, SS teachers, and parents at the Best Western Hotel in Arlington, WA.
- Sunday Morning, April 29, 9:00 AM to noon. Message on How Big is God? during the Sunday School hour at 9:00 AM and a message on Genesis and the Sovereignty of God in the Worship Service at 10:30 AM at First Baptist Church of Arlington.
- Sunday Evening, April 29, 6:00 PM, Talk on TBD at TBD.
Note: Talk topics may change based on the choice of the venue. Other seminars and sermons available by Mike Riddle can be found on his CreationTraining.org website. If you have an interest in having Mike Riddle speak at your venue, or know of someone who might have an interest, please call Heinz at 425-501-5075 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.