Sunday, January 28th:
Worship Services, 8:30 am and 11:00 am: Dr. Carter will bring a message on The Alternative: Creation’s Competitive Edge. 1 Peter 3:15 commands us to have answers and always be ready to defend the Christian faith. This message will supply people with vital information about fossils and the Flood, and is a great first time presentation designed to train people in how to share the Christian faith using the creation account found in the book of Genesis.
Sunday School Hour, 9:45 am: Dr. Carter will make a presentation on Dinosaurs & Fossils: Amazing Evidence for Creation! People of all ages are captivated by dinosaurs. Unfortunately, evolutionists use dinosaurs to indoctrinate the young and the old with an earth history that includes millions of years but has no room for the Bible. This presentation will show the power of a person’s starting assumptions (or “worldview”) when interpreting past events, and will define the different types of sciences used in investigating the world around us, with a thorough exploration of these enigmatic lizards. Let’s take dinosaurs to the Bible and see what God’s word has to say about them!
Speaker: Dr Carter was converted to Christ at an early age, but did not know what to do with the theory of evolution. He always knew what he wanted to believe, but had no way to express what he was thinking and no evidence to support his views. In his freshman year of college, he was exposed to the information for creation for the first time and soon after adopted it as his modus operandi. He says he felt a tremendous joy when he realized his science and his religion were no longer at odds. This joy (and, he says, Creation magazine and the Journal of Creation) enabled him to get through the in-depth evolutionary training of his undergraduate and graduate programs with his faith intact.
He obtained a BS in Applied Biology from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1992. He then spent four years teaching high school biology, chemistry, physics and electronics before going to the University of Miami to obtain his PhD in Marine Biology. He successfully completed this program in 2003 with a dissertation on “Cnidarian Fluorescent Proteins.” While in Miami, he studied the genetics of pigmentation in corals and other invertebrates, designed and built an aquaculture facility for Caribbean corals, performed well over 500 SCUBA dives, many of them at night, and licensed a spin-off product of his research (a patented fluorescent protein) to a biotech company.
He is currently a senior scientist, author, and speaker for CMI-USA in Atlanta, Georgia, where he lives with his wife, Leanne, and children and is currently researching human genetics and other issues related to biblical creation.
Recordings of some of Dr. Carter’s presentations:
- Dr. Carter on The Alternative: Creation’s Competitive Edge.
- More clips: http://creation.com/creation-videos?page=10.
Dr. Rob Carter speaks at the following venues in the Greater Seattle area during the weekend of January 24-28, 2018:
- Wednesday, January 24, 7:00 PM, Talk on Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels at Overcomer Covenant Church in Auburn, WA.
- Thursday, January 25, 7:00 PM, Talk on Biblical Worldview As It Relates To Science at Summit Park Bible Church in Anacortes, WA.
- Friday, January 26, 7:00 PM, Talk on Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels at the Apologetics Forum meeting at Atonement Free Lutheran Church in Arlington, WA.
- Saturday Morning, January 27, 9:00 AM to noon. Mini-Conference on Genetics at Atonement Free Lutheran Church in Arlington, WA with two seminars, followed by an extended time of Q&A with Dr. Carter. The first seminar will be on The High-Tech Cell and the second one on Y-Chromosome Noah.
- Saturday Evening, January 27, 7:00 PM, Talk on TBD at TBD.
- Sunday Morning, January 28, 8:30 AM to noon. Message on The Alternative: Creation’s Competitive Edge at the Worship Services, and a presentation on Dinosaurs & Fossils: Amazing Evidence for Creation during the Sunday School hour at Atonement Free Lutheran Church in Arlington, WA.
- Sunday Evening, January 28, 6:00 PM, Talk on Biblical Worldview As It Relates To Science at Calvary Chapel Marysville in Marysville, WA.
Further details on the Creation Ministries International website [select Washington Region].